Real estate agents can use Instagram to generate leads, sales, and referrals. Instagram’s focus on sharing beautiful pictures makes it the perfect social media platform for real estate agents to post photos of home listings and home features. Follow the steps outlined below to boost your business using Instagram! If you don’t have an Instagram account, click here to learn how to get started.
Optimizing Your Instagram Account
- Convert Your Account: Consider giving your business Instagram account a business profile so you will have access to all the data and performance metrics.
- Enhance Your Bio: Include how you can help people and how to contact you. Example: “I help homebuyers find their dream homes and help homeowners sell for more. Thinking of buying or selling? Call or text me anytime! 555-555-5555.”
- Upload an On-Brand, Friendly, Professional Headshot: People want to work with those they know, like, and trust. A headshot helps foster familiarity.
- Use High-Quality Photos: When posting photos, make sure to only use clear, high-quality ones.
- Delete Past Off-Brand Photos and Videos: If you are converting your personal Instagram to use for business, clean up old posts not focused on your brand.
Best Instagram Posts for Real Estate Agents
- Business Branding: Showcase yourself or your team vibe. Include meetings, open houses, dinners, outings, and successes. Be sure to tell a cohesive story by including photos that capture everything you do to be the best at supporting your clients.
- ‘Behind the Scenes’ of Your Transactions: People love seeing something before it is available to the public. Post footage of your home-staging process and challenges or obstacles that you face. Also, share the process of setting up an event such as an open house. And, of course, always share photos of buyers being handed the keys to the home of their dreams.
- ‘Behind the Scenes’ of Your Listings: Build anticipation of what’s to come. Capture photos of the photographer shooting pictures, the drone taking aerial shots, and stagers adding final touches.
- Sneak Peeks of Your New Listings: Compelling stories sell! A great way to promote new listings is to post a series of photos that invoke a strong theme. If someone can visualize living in the home, they are more likely to engage.
- Go ‘Live’ at an Open House Video: If you’re hosting an open house, use Instagram’s “Live” feature to give followers a taste of what is happening in real time.
- Neighborhood Video: These videos can be made by walking or driving around the neighborhood. Make sure you share the important features, such as schools, parks, and shops. Cover as much as you know in order to demonstrate that you are a local expert.
- Personal Branding: It is essential to give people a reason to know, like, trust, and remember you. Take photos of your life, including favorite hobbies, adventures, and even furry friends.
Tips to Stand Out and Connect!
- Post When People Are Watching: With a business Instagram account, you can access demographic data on your followers to see when they are most active.
- Use Hashtags, Geotags, and Profile Tags to Get Discovered: Tag businesses, locations, and people in your posts. Remember to use relevant hashtags, which are searchable. A few good options: #YourCity, #YourCityRealEstate, #YourCityRealtor, #YourCityOpenHouse
- Build Connections: You should be following these people — past clients, current clients, potential clients, business partners, local business owners, local community influencers, and local residents.